Friday 4 March 2016

Welcome to Andy Hughes Reviews!

Welcome to my blog

Why create this blog? Well let me give you a brief history of how I got here.

A brief history of Review Simulator

It all started around this time last year, March 2015 to be precise, when a few friends and I decided we'd start our own review website - this subsequently became known as Review Simulator. 
Review Simulator logo
Review Simulator logo circa November 2015
The initial focus was to be on video games and later expand our content onto other forms of media. To further supplement our reviews we created our unique piece of content, something we liked to call "Versus". Long story short, we disagreed on a few subjects within the team, specifically which is the better kart racer - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed or Mario Kart 8. It was out of these disagreements when Versus was born.

Before long we had moved onto movie reviews covered hits such as Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron and indie movies such as The Guest.

During these times we found ourselves with plenty of time to create articles on a regular basis, however these days were not to last. Eventually the hard decision was made to take down Review Simulator because, simply, the cons outweighed the pros of keeping the site hosted.


What will this blog do?

I created this blog to keep my reviews available to the internet and to share my thoughts; possibly one day getting back into the game.

What will this blog contain?

Once or twice a week (at most) I will be posting review that I wrote for Review Simulator, as close to the original version as possible. Furthermore there will be special content such unused drafts, editorials,reviews that were not published, and of course, the solo Versus article I had wrote with Craig.

What content can I expect first?

The first review I will be posting will be the Mario Kart 8 review I had written for Review Simulator, followed shortly by my unreleased review for Fallout 4.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment